Workshop on Application of SPSS in Social Science Research
Statistics is an integral part of research and there is no getting away from numbers. SPSS comes to the rescue by making quantitative data much easier to deal with.
About The Workshop
The objective of this online workshop on SPSS is to help new users achieve a basic understanding of SPSS; as well as aid those who wish to take their knowledge of SPSS further. This online workshop aims to discuss various statistical concepts commonly applied in social science research using SPSS software through series of examples.
This first of its kind online workshop SPSS is divided into different sessions on various important aspects of social science research. This is designed keeping in mind, that one need not attend 2 days, 3 days , 4 days, or a week long lengthy workshop which involves lot of time, money and traveling and time off from your work.
Who it is for:
The workshop is suitable for the Faculty Members, Research Scholars & students of social science subjects like management, social work, commerce and humanities etc.
Workshop Schedule & Course Details
Getting Started With SPSS
- Data Preparation- Editing, Code Book and Master Chart
- Data Processing – Data Editor, Data Defining, Data Entry
- Data Editing- Go to case, Go to variable, Insert Variable, insert Case
- Frequency Tables
- Statistics for Frequency Tables; Mean, Mode, Median, Standard Deviation, Quartiles
- Graphs and Charts
- Statistics for Crosstables
- Contingency Coefficient
- Phi and Cramer’s V
- Test of Difference
- Tests of Correlation
- Analysis of Variance
- Regression Analysis
- The Komogorov-Smirnov Test
- The Sign Test
- Wilcoxon Matched-Pairs
- Singled-Ranks Test
- The Mann-Whitney U Test
Each online workshop is about 90 mins + Exercise + Quiz + Handouts + Extra time for Q&A + Certificate
Limited Seats. Reserve Your Spot Today!
General Instructions to participants:
- The Workshop is only for limited number of participants, enrollment will be on first come first serve basis.
- It is recommended for participants to use personal laptops/desktops with speakers/headset.
- Get your one-month trial version copy of the SPSS from this link https://www.ibm.com/analytics/data-science/predictive-analytics/spss-trials#341101 .
- Practical on various trained and test data sets are compulsory for each participants and Certificates will be provided to the participants on the basis of successful completion of test examination and on 100% attendance throughout the Workshop.
About Resource Person
Dr. D. K. Lal Das
Research educator/ Consultant
Dr. D.K.Lal Das, an eminent Social Science Research Educator has been teaching Social Science Research for over three decades. He has presented research papers in various national and international conferences, written a number of books and research papers on Social Science Research, directed Research Projects and guided Doctoral and Post Doctoral Research students as well as organized and conducted a large number of Workshops / Seminars / Conferences on Social Science Research Methodology for teachers and research scholars.
What People said about Previous Workshops
Ms. Bhagyasree | Asst. Prof.
This was most useful practical oriented workshop on research methodology I have ever attended. Thank you!
Sharafat Hussain | Ph.D Research Scholar
This is a must have for all research scholars. I am glad I got what I exactly needed to know. I had no time, energy and money for days long boring workshops.
Dr. S. D. Shivani | Research Guide
I love Dr. Das's online workshops. Well done with useful info and opportunities to ask questions. Very impressed!